Are you ready to start blogging? Since owning a self-hosted blog or website is the only way to truly control your online presence, it is quickly becoming the preferred way to communicate with your audience.
No matter what changes are happening in social media, when you have something to say and want your customers, prospects and followers to see it, putting it in a blog post first works! From there you can share to whichever social media site you prefer, and your readers will do the same. But YOU are in total control and own the content and the web space that it “lives” on.
Join Karen Clark, who has been blogging with WordPress since 2006, as she teaches you how to start using one of the best tools out there, self-hosted WordPress blogs.
In this 90 minute session for beginners, you will watch Karen set up a WordPress blog site for her daughter and as she does so you will learn:
- What is hosting and why do I need to pay for it?
- How do I actually get WordPress on my hosting account and on the domain I bought?
- How to work with the simple default WordPress themes (layouts)
- What settings I need to be aware of to maximize my blog’s exposure on the Internet
- How to choose a new theme and play with the look and feel of my blog
- How to use basic widgets and plugins to get what I want on the sidebars
- How to compose a blog post, how to format the text, and how to include images
- How to set each blog post up to be found in the search engines
By the end of this video you will know how to create a fully functioning blog and be ready to post your first article! Participants will receive, in addition to the video recording, written step-by-step instructions and a WOW action step to be completed Within One Week.
NEW for this webinar: Each participant also will be able to join a private ongoing Facebook Group for WordPress support! This means you will never be alone as you take what you learn and implement it. Starting a self-hosted WordPress blog does have a learning curve but together we can get it done. Simple questions that do not warrant a private consultation can be asked within our Facebook Group and everyone can learn together. If your question seems to need more time I will suggest we meet one on one.
This Beginner Blogging for Business is most appropriate for individual entrepreneurs, direct selling representatives and other home-based businesses who have not yet begun to blog or do not have their own WordPress site. If you have your own hosted website already, some of the instructions may be different for you and I can address them with appropriate solutions privately. In this class we are focusing only on self-hosted WordPress (wordpress.org) blogs.
Depending on the results with this webinar, I may be offering an intermediate and advanced class as well. Stay tuned!
Purchase the recorded webinar now for $37 and attend and also receive the written instructions AND an invitation to our private Facebook Group.
Questions? Contact me any time!
Do you want to broadcast the webinar recording to your organization or invite/share among up to 100 team members? Purchase Additional Site Licenses.
What makes WOW Webinars unique?
- Get the latest up-to-date information – live on the web. No PowerPoint slides!
- Learn from someone who uses these tools on a regular basis to connect with people and build her business.
- For those in direct sales, you will be learning from someone who gets your industry! Everything I teach can be used or easily adapted for you!
- You have lifetime access to the replay video and show notes/instructions, including any revisions as the tools/techniques evolve.
- With action steps and built in accountability – you’re more likely to DO it!
See our complete series as well as a Special Offer on the WOW Webinars Page.