Karen Clark’s exclusive Bring Your Own Laptop Parties (BYOL) are a fun and casual way to learn new skills and begin projects you’ve been meaning to do. In the comfort
of someone’s home or office, you can gather with friends or team members to work on a variety of skills:
- Social Media: Facebook for Business
- Social Media: Pinterest for Business
- Social Media: Twitter for Business
- Social Media: LinkedIn for Business
- Going Local – Promoting online to your local community
- Blogging Basics – Using your new blog (must have one started)
- Wine and Websites: An open and fun “night out” workshop to work on any projects you have.
You are also welcome to suggest a topic that you and your friends or team are particularly interested in.
Here is a video we took recently at a Bring Your Own Laptop Party:
BYOL Parties are best with up to 10 people who have their own laptop to bring, or who have made arrangements to share. They are best held in someone’s home with a wi-fi connection that can be shared, or in a workplace office environment or other classroom with an internet connection. The host is responsible for making arrangements, inviting their friends, and making sure everyone attending has a wi-fi connection.