In general it is recommended that when marketing your independent business in social media, to not post primarily promotional messages such as “buy my product,” “book a home party,” or “join my team” every day. Consumers respond best when posts are useful and relevant to them, whether or not they do business with you. Then, when trust and rapport are well established, they are more likely to purchase, book, or join. However, for the business owner this presents a challenge in developing posts that are compelling and engaging. In this session, audience members will have a clearer picture or what to post to get the best results in social media.
- An overview of the major social media sites in order to develop a sense of which types of content get more results where
- How to strike a balance between personal sharing and business promotion, while allowing a sense of both privacy and authenticity
- Techniques for developing your own winning post formula and content schedule in social media
- Examples of what to post in social media that would be useful and service-minded while also attracting new business
- How to use powerful free tools to create compelling and visually appealing posts
Note to Meeting Planners:
This program helps audience members come up with compelling content that truly connects with their customers and reflects well on their brand and business model. The emphasis is more on coming up with what to post than the technical how-tos of posting.
If time allows, they will come up with their own ideas or work with others and share examples with the group.