One of the biggest challenges when starting to use a Facebook business Page for marketing is getting people over there to “like” your Page! You may even have a large network of Facebook Friends, or a great number of people in your email network, but they will not usually like your new Page until you ask them to.
Here are 5 ways to do that:
- Use Invite Friends button: Under the right bottom corner of the Page’s cover image, click 3 dots then Invite Friends. From there you can select people, and you can sort by different parameters (such as recently interacted) by clicking the drop down menu at the top of the pop up. It doesn’t give you all the friends to choose from that way, though, so after I’ve exhausted the logical lists, you can just scroll through the “Search All Friends” and click Invite on each one who may be interested. You can also use the search box to type in their name.
- Invite by email contact list: Under the 3 dots again, click on SUGGEST Page and choose any of the options there, such as integrating Facebook with your Constant Contact or MailChimp list, or your regular email account. Or choose Other and you can upload a spreadsheet of emails you have prepared in advance. This will not email everyone but Facebook will scan the list to see which of the email addresses you have plugged in are on Facebook and it will “suggest” the Page to them to like. The “suggestions” will show up either in their news feed, on the side bars, or on their “Like Pages” page.
- Share the Page to your profile: Under the 3 dots again, click Share Page and then it creates a post that would go to your personal Timeline. Then you could put something in there as a caption such as, “I’d love to connect with you on ABC Page! I am sharing tips and ideas on a regular basis. Like my page so you don’t miss a post!” or something like that. This can be helpful once or twice, just in case some of the personal invitations weren’t seen. You could even say that going forward you are going to try to keep business and personal more separated so please join my ABC Page! People will appreciate that you might be posting less to your personal Timeline once they have liked your business Page.
- Email your existing list: Of course you can email your list so they know that connecting on Facebook is a great way to keep up with your news and learn helpful ideas. Often people don’t see the Facebook invites (you would be surprised at how many people never look at notifications!) but they will open an email from you.
- Pay to play: Last but not least if your company allows you to use paid ads, you could pay a small amount to do a “Promote Page” campaign that puts a sponsored ad in the news feed of either a targeted demographic or your own list. The simplest option is the Promote Page blue button on your Page. You can also can go to the Ads Manager on the left sidebar and look at options for promoting Page Likes.
Do you have more ideas for promoting Page Likes? Share your own suggestions in the comments!