10 Ways to Build Your Email Distribution List
- Provide an easy way for website or blog visitors to sign up for your email newsletter. If you use a service, use the html code they provide and paste into a text area or text widget of your site or blog. Place it prominently on your page so it can be easily found.
- Your subscribe link should be on every page of your website. You can also include a text link to it at the end of articles or blog posts.
- Offer an incentive for subscribing – free report, free audio recording, free mini-ebook, discount coupon, etc.
- When you are working with a client or selling to a customer, ask for their email address and for permission to send them your newsletter.
- If you have a store or physical office, or participate in trade shows, have a clipboard where visitors can sign up for your email newsletter.
- If you have a shopping cart on your website, have a checkbox where they can opt in to your email newsletter during checkout.
- Post links to your newsletter subscription on your social networking sites – fan page, linked in, twitter etc
- Exchange articles with others in business, and include a link to each others’ newsletters in the bylines.
- Mention your free report/discount/incentive at the end of any articles you publish online.
- Focus on the benefit your readers will receive by subscribing – the value in your newsletter that you offer vs. keeping them informed of your specials. Subscribers will only stay if there’s something in it for them!